Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snowy landscapes abound.

This morning is really beautiful. Even though I just complained yesterday that I had had enough winter and spring will come none too soon, it snowed. Yes, it is annoying to shovel and scrape and drive in but it is absolutely beautiful. It brightens the day - literally - and softens the harsh edges of midwinter's monochromatic palette. Like opulent highlights made of pristine spaces on a detail-laden pen and ink drawing, the difference in texture is marvelous. I will take my camera out when I go shovel and it will take me twice as long as it should but I will enjoy doing the chore so much more in the long run.

It will be a good day. Dad is home safe. One of my dearest friends had successful surgery yesterday. Two other dear friends may drive to our town today (roads permitting) just to play with us. My husband is a true blessing every day and I love my two fur children. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment